Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Telling our Families!

Yesterday, we told our families that we are expecting.  We decided what better way to share our news than to tell our fathers that they were going to be grandfathers!  We gave them a father's day card from 'Baby Reineke' stating that he/she would see them in February!


We had a tough time trying to decide whether or not to tell people.  I was all for telling people early so if a similar situation happens this time around we at least got to have our families be happy for us.  Also, I imagine it's easier to tell people something is wrong and we're going to miscarry if they actually know we're pregnant.  Last time, I told my mom in tears that I was pregnant and losing the baby all in the same breath.  I really wanted to do it differently this time around.  Mitch wasn't so sure we should tell our families until after our first appointment, but after I told him my reasons for wanting to tell them earlier rather than later, he understood and agreed.


Yesterday was such a happy day!  Our house was filled with family, so much so that it was almost crowded!  It was great to have our families get together also.  I don't know that our parents have really been at the same place since we got married two years ago!  Our fathers spent the entire afternoon talking farming and our mothers spent the first part of the afternoon helping me in the kitchen and the other half telling me pregnancy stories (not all of which sound like much fun)!!


While I know that it's still extremely early in my pregnancy, I can't help but be filled with hope and joy.  I'm still very nervous and cautious, but until I think something is wrong I'm going to be more happy than worried.  I can't help but compare this pregnancy to my last.  It's all so different.  My 'symptoms' are completely different.  I've also heard that morning sickness is a good sign, so I've been praying to be puking my guts out! I have to pray out loud (it just seems odd to me to say a prayer in my head) and Mitch laughs every time he hears me ask God to make me sick for the next 8 months!!


So, if you're reading this, prayers are appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment