Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Rainbow

A rainbow baby is what us baby loss mamas call a baby due after a loss because after every storm comes a rainbow.

Everytime I see a rainbow, I can't help but smile.  When I was a little girl, my dad taught me to wish on rainbows.  There was no sense wishing on a star, but a rainbow was something magical.  Only now, do I truly understand that.  Since we lost Taylor in January, my life has been one big, continuos storm.  Yesterday, God sent me a rainbow. 

We've been trying for the last four months and after last month when my body 'reset' itself, I was really hoping that something would happen.  I kept wishing for a rainbow. And yesterday morning, I got one.
Yesterday morning I decided to test a couple days early.  After the last four months of early testing and negative results, I expected the same.  When that positive showed up, all I could do was stare at it!  I was so surprised!  I called Mitch right away, even though he was at work and he sounded just as surprised as I was!  I really wish I would have thought about some cute way to surprise him, but it's just second nature to share everything with him.

We are expecting our rainbow baby in February.  Even though it's still really early, we decided to tell our families this weekend.  What better way to announce a grandchild than to do it on Father's Day?!?  We had a tough time trying to decide when to tell people.  With Taylor, it was so painful to tell people we were losing a baby when they didn't even know we were pregnant.  We decided we really want our family to know early, so that if something does happen we at least got to share our good news with them. 

So, if your reading this, please don't share our secret with the world just yet!  I had to share our joy with someone even if it meant just putting it in writing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment