Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Daycare musings.....

I was terrified of sending Kaitlyn to daycare.   How was someone else going to take care of my daughter??? I'm a very hands on mommy....and dropping her off for someone else to take care of did not sound like something I wanted to do.  I knew I had too.  It was necessary to continue our lives as we know it....we could hunker down, cut out all of our 'fun' costs, and hubby's salary could cover our bills.....but that's not something we're willing to do.  So with that, Kaitlyn started daycare.

My worrying was useless!!!  It was really tough on me to drop her off in the morning, but thankfully I go feed her during lunch so I don't have to go long without seeing her!  The time that she's at daycare seems very odd to me.  I've been so used to her being with me all day, that it seems like something is missing!

What makes it SO much easier is that she LOVES daycare!!!!  She gets very excited in the morning when I strap her into her seat.  When we get to Cathy's, she 'happy' screams and kicks and laughs!  She loves being able to talk to Evie (a baby her age) and loves to watch the older kids throughout the day. It also helps that Cathy is so understanding, attentive, and helpful! She is such a wonderful daycare provider!

It makes this mama very happy to see her girl happy and makes me feel so much better about the whole daycare thing.  I'm sure that as daycare becomes part of our routine (it's only been 2 weeks) that it'll be much easier for me to accept.


No comments:

Post a Comment