Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Awaiting our Ultrasound!

On Wednesday, we have our 20-week ultrasound!!!  I'm so excited and nervous at the same time.  I can't believe we've made it to the 19 week mark and will soon find out if we're having a little boy or girl!! Yes, we're finding out.  I think everyone who knows we're pregnant has asked us if we're going to find out or not.

Everyone seems to have their own opinion as to whether people should find out or not.  I've been told that it's the most magical thing to find out right after birth.  My thoughts are that it's a special, magical time whether you find out during pregnancy or after birth.  Either way it changes your life.

I really want to find out because I'm a planner.  My sister-in-law has saved almost everything from her 3 kids to hand down to me, so we have boys & girls clothes, toys, bedding, etc.  I really want to be able to bring our little one home to a completed nursery and not have to put clothes in drawers when all I really want to do is get a 15 minute nap in.

The other reason I want to find out, is because I'm still nervous.  If something were to happen, I really want to be able to bond with our little one more.  It scares the crap out of me to even think about this option, but after the miscarriage I can't help but think about it.

Also, one of my friends from high school was 4-5 weeks ahead of me and she delivered.  It just made me think a little more.  Things look good so far for her little one since she was over 24 weeks along, but the possibility scares me.  It seems horrible, but while I'm prayer for her and her little one, I'm also praying that I don't EVER have to experience that.  It seems horrible to say, but I know that it's true.

I'm also nervous for our upcoming ultrasound because of all the medicine I took before I knew I was pregnant.  I'm hoping baby was not affected and development went normally.  I had my wisdom teeth out just right after we would have conceived and it makes me really nervous.  Our OB wasn't too worried, but that still doesn't stop me from worrying.

Our OB is out on maternity leave, so we actually have a different doctor for our ultrasound.  I'm not too nervous about that because Dr. Jurgenson assured us that he was the best for ultrasounds.  She actually told us we lucked out that she'd be gone!  She's had a few miscarriages, so she is sympathetic and understands all our worrying.  She said that if something is wrong, the doctor we have while she is out will be the best!

I guess that's all for the updating on all my worrying. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment