Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, November 21, 2011

The Cloud

I saw this on Miscarriage & Loss's facebook page and just had to share it!  Somedays it really does seem as if a cloud just follows...........



The Cloud

I want to shake off this grey cloud,the one above my head every day,
I’ve tried but it won’t shift at all, I think it’s here to stay.
Sometimes I feel it move a little, away in the distance somewhere,
... But all too soon it’s back with its gloomy air of despair.

I’ve tried yelling at it but it will not go, it knows my heart has been broken I’m sure,
It sways a bit but will not leave, I am not who I was before.
My friends all say I’ve changed, well then it must be so,
I am not the same as I was, this is true I know.

Sometimes I look in the mirror, see these sad and lonely eyes,
I wouldn’t recognise me at all, this stranger in the mirror sighs.
I don’t recollect the person I see standing here,
With no make up on, no smile, face awash with tears.

Is this now the new me? The one I have become,
Since the heavens took my baby, to the land beyond the sun.
My cloud it has been there since my precious baby died,
Always to be a reminder of my loss, its presence so close by.

One day I hope this grey cloud will lessen and turn to white,
My sad, lost eyes learn to sparkle again, my grief become less tight.
Until then my cloud is always with me, my companion on these lonely days,
Sometimes I think my grey cloud is with me now to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment