Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

24 Weeks

I traveled to Kearney yesterday for our 24 week appointment.  I got to do the fun glucose test.  It actually didn't turn out as bad as I thought it was going to be.  I've had lots of people tell me that I would have to choke the liquid down, but I lucked out and didn't think it was that bad.  They gave me the fruit punch drink (reminded me of Hi-C) and tipped me off to refrigerate it.  I had no problems getting it down.......but that wasn't the part that I was really worried about.  I was super worried that my blood sugar would be high. I figured that because everything had gone so smoothly, this was the one thing that would completely throw me off!  I was pleasantly surprised when my blood sugar came back completely normal, not even a little high!!!!

The rest of my appointment went really well.  Of course, any day where I get to listen to our little girls heartbeat is amazing!!!!  Her heart was going strong at 144 bpm.  I'm still measuring a week ahead, so we may have a Valentine's Day baby!!!!




2 comments: