Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, April 25, 2011

Everyone's Pregnant......Except Me

If you've ever had a miscarriage, you know that afterwards news of other pregnancies can send you into sad panic.  How come EVERYONE is pregnant when I'm not?!?  When I say everyone, I'm sure it's not but it sure seems like it.  I know people get pregnant all the time, not just when you lose a baby.  But it sure seems like everyone from my home town is pregnant NOW.

While I'm excited for the expectant parents, it just reminds me of what we don't have......
                                    of what we want so very much.

Things have been a little harder since we found out one of my best friends is expecting.  She got pregnant right after we had our miscarriage.   While we're so excited for them and their new addition, we're constantly reminded of their joy, while we're still going through a 'dark' period.  She's been amazing through this entire situation.  She's listened to me bawl my eyes out when the doctor gave us the news, she's given me encouraging words for the past four months, she's been the person that I can say anything too.  Since she's gotten pregnant, though,  I've found it really hard to talk to her.  I find myself extremely jealous of her......She has a little one, safe - sound - and healthy, while I have an empty womb.  She's been great and won't talk about the baby unless I ask her about it, but whether we talk about it or not, we both still know she's pregnant and I'm not.

That said,  I know that one day we'll be able to openly talk like we once did.  I just need to continue healing for that day to become a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment