Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, December 30, 2011

Missing Taylor

One year ago.......We lost you.   In my mind, I didn't lose you when I actually miscarried.  I lost you when the doctor told us you were gone.  Even though I miscarried at 10 weeks gestation, I have 9 weeks on your memorial necklace that I can't take off.

I wear your memorial necklace always.  Taking it off is hard and seems like I'm taking you out of my mind.  I love to hold onto it as I think of you during the day.  It sounds crazy, but when I talk to you I hold onto it also.  I'm so glad that there are jewelry sites that specialize in miscarriage and loss jewelry.  When I ordered a necklace shortly after our appointment, I didn't know that I would cherish it so much.  I also didn't know that it would be a 'connection'  to you.

I also love it because when people ask about my necklace, I get to tell them about you.

Front of necklace

Back of necklace



"The mention of my child's name may bring tears to my eyes,
 but it never fails to bring music to my ears. 
If you are really my friend, 
let me hear the beautiful music of his name. 
It soothes my broken heart and sings to my soul."


2 comments:

  1. Love the necklace! Also love that there are sites out there where we can order necklaces like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful necklace! I love that there are places like this to remember our babies...

    I found your blog on Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope. I am very sorry for your loss. I too lost my baby, Lily Katherine, who was stillborn at fullterm on March 16, 2010. Although I wish nobody else had to know this pain, it's good to know I'm not alone and there are people who "get it." I'd love to have you follow along on my blog as well: www.roseandherlily.blogspot.com

    Blessings, Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete