Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Our First OB Appt

Since we are headed down for our 12 week appointment today, I really thought I should give you a run down of our first appointment, 8 weeks!  We headed down to Kearney on July 13th, filled with hope and worry.  When we walked into the clinic I was surprised at how homey it felt!

 I was really expecting the worst.  Based on our last experience, I was expecting the nurses, staff, and our doctor to be just the same as last time - horrible.  I was pleasantly surprised.  We spent an hour with the nurse going over family history, general info, questions, etc and taking blood.  The next hour we spent with the doctor doing an ultrasound, asking questions, and getting to know her.  Get this - she is expecting AND has been through 3 miscarriages!!!  I couldn't have picked a better doctor if I had tried!  I just called and said "who would you go to?" She is perfect!

The only downside is that we will have to see a different doctor when she's on maternity leave, but their practice is set up so that you meet each doctor and have 2-3 appointments with each in case your doctor is not able to deliver you.  They do that so that you'll feel comfortable with the doctor on call if need be.  Also, many of the other doctors won't deliver if they're not on call, but unless she's out of town she always delivers her patients!! :)

So, our appointment was amazing.  Not only is our little one doing well, he or she had a heartbeat of 167.  Dr. Jorgensen said our chance of miscarriage was only 5% now that we've seen such a strong heartbeat!  So not only was I thrilled with the news that this pregnancy was going great, I was also thrilled that we've found such a wonderful place to go and such a wonderful doctor!

I'll leave you with my favorite part, an ultrasound picture!





No comments:

Post a Comment